You may of seen on my instagram a few weeks ago these amazing sweet potato pancakes we made. Here’s the full recipe for you to follow and try at home.
Alert: You need a blender or a food processor for this recipe.
Simply follow these 5 steps to enjoy these amazing pancakes anytime of the day.
1. Bring a pan/pot of water to a boil, and add a pinch of salt. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into chunks, then add them to the pan for about 12 minutes or until they are soft. You can test if they are cooked by piercing the skin with a fork before removing from the pan.
2. Mash the sweet potatoes then mix them with the psyllium and soy yogurt. You may need to add a bit of water if the consistency is too thick. Let the pancake batter rest for about 10 minutes.
3. Bring a frying pan to a medium-high heat and add 2-3 tablespoons of the batter to fry until small bubbles form on the surface. Be sure to distribute the batter evenly over the base of the pan leaving no gaps as soon as you spoon in the mixture. Flip the pancake and fry until it begins to turn golden on both sides. Repeat this process for the rest of the batter.
4. Meanwhile, fry the turkey bacon in another pan over medium-high heat.
5. Rinse the blueberries. Serve the pancakes with the blueberries on top and eat the bacon on the side.
You can save time in this recipe by cooking the sweet potatoes in advance.
200g (8 slices) Turkey bacon
155g Soya yoghurt, Vanilla, 2% fat
145g (¾ pc.) Sweet potato
15g (~1.5 tbsp ) Psyllium husks
The meal totals 442 kcal,
This is just one of the examples of the amazing meals on my online coaching app that you can enjoy at home as part of a balanced approach to achieving your fitness goals.
Help and Advice
If you’re looking for any advice on the above blog or are looking for guidance and motivation through online coaching please drop me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information on how we can help you. Just like we’re helping hundred’s of other individuals become a fitter, healthier version of themselves. Alternatively go to this link to set up a consultation call.